Cambridge District Scout Archives
The very earliest evidence of a camp is a series of six photographs from the 2nd Cambridge, St Marks Newnham, dated 1908. The date of the group is confirmed by other archive evidence.
The photographs are unremarkable, but suggest that the camp was the activity and special attractions unknown. The original photographer is or collator is unknown.
Patrols from the Troop later joined the 1st Cambridge District, (Cherry Hinton) and did not appear on the earliest printed lists of Troops, but reformed in 1913 with the IHQ number 901, the second lowest in Cambridge District. Further photographs exist of 2nd Cambridge camps after 1918.
JWR Archivist Jan 2019