Cambridge District Scout Archive
The 54th ran on after the 1946/47 period in abeyance and was deemed to have retained its identity. Flourishing for long periods it suffered a major setback when the hut was burned down. Selling the land at the height of property boom they benefited by the crash that occurred shortly afterwards and built the new 54th. They ran on in Chesterton until 2018 when they finally closed. The building became the new District HQ.
JWR Archivist Mar 2019