Cambridge District Scout Archive
The 28th Cambridge is often listed as being in Cherry Hinton. It is some way from the village centre and originally sat on the edge of Cherry Hinton parish. See 27th Cambridge for Cherry Hinton Scout Group.
The area between CH village and Hills Road was known as New Cherry Hinton. The 1st Cambridge District, met at Blinco Grove, not the village and a registered but otherwise unrecorded 3rd Cambridge in the area were called New Cherry Hinton or just Cherry Hinton. The Vicar of St John’s was Chaplain to the 1st Cambridge District and later held a warrant.
The founding Masters of the 1928 28th were S A V Roper (GSM) and G R Gedge (ASM) who were both previously members of the 7th Cambridge, which had met occasionally at St Johns Church Hall.
JWR Archivist Mar 2019