Cambridge District Scout Archive
Papworth June 1927
Princess Mary was president of Papworth. The Cambridgeshire Tuberculosis Colony was moved to Papworth Everard in 1918 and was the basis for the Papworth Village Settlement which was established in 1927.
C T Wood’s album No.296
Her Royal Highness Princess Mary opened Guide & Scout HQ in Papworth Village Colony in 1927, presumably on the same occasion. The two pictures below, taken from newspaper cuttings, show the same dress and shoes. The specific event is not specified. The HQ was made of asbestos and wood.
C T Wood’s album No 291
C T Wood’s album No 293
JWR Archivist Jan 2019