Cambridge District Scout Archive
- Cambridge District troops are those outside Cambridge Town boundaries. Some troops altered from Cambridge District to Cambridge as the boundaries altered. This system ended in steps between 1928 and 1935 and all Groups used Cambridge numbers.
- Packs were not formally attached to troops until the move to the Group system in 1928.
- Many of these District troops are poorly recorded.
- 13th Cambridge District (Fen Ditton) 1912 – 1918
- 13th Cambridge District (Milton) 1922 – 1923
- 13th Cambridge District (Milton) 1923 – 1925
13th Cambridge District (Fen Ditton) 1912 – 1918
Mentioned in the 1912 – 1913 AGM report and registered in December 1913. Headquarters (the) Rectory, Fen Ditton.
- SM H S Morton In role Oct 1914
- Chaplain Rev. H W Forbes
- ASM G B Nicholls 18th March 1914 In role Oct 1914
Troop colours, light blue and crimson with a dark blue shirt.
A Cub pack is mentioned in 1918. The troop is not mentioned as being one of the few that remained open during the war.
13th Cambridge District (Milton) 1922 – 1923 Open 10582
Registered 6th November 1922 with the IHQ number 10582, it was Open with 1 leader and 12 Scouts
- SM B F W Levett
It did not re registered in October 1923
13th Cambridge District (Milton) 1923 – 1925 Open 11968
Troop HQ was The School Milton
- Act SM Gerald C Pinney 45 Abbey Road
- E B Moss 39 Victoria Park
It opened 20th November 1923 with one leader and 9 scouts. Magenta and Green scarf
13th Cambridge District (Milton) 1925 – 1925 Open 13721
Registered 4th May 1925, presumably a re-registration with a new IHQ number
- SM Miss Sue? Beecroft
- ASM Gerald C Pinney
With two officers and 16 Scouts. Magenta and Green scarf
Last known mention is in 1925.
JWR Archivist Jan 2023