Cambridge District Scout Archive
- Cambridge District troops are those outside Cambridge Town boundaries. Some troops altered from Cambridge District to Cambridge as the boundaries altered. This system ended in steps between 1928 and 1935 and all Groups used Cambridge numbers.
- Packs were not formally attached to troops until the move to the Group system in 1928.
- Many of these District troops are poorly recorded.
19th Cambridge District Downham St Leonards May 1914
- SM J Mead
- ASM H E Packard
Total strength 30 Attached to St Leonards Church
19th Cambridge District Downham St Leonards Pack 15th June 1914
Total strength 6 Cubs
- CM J Mead
The pack was to become P Pack under the alphabetical Pack naming system.
These two sections transferred to Ely 1916
1919 Castle Camps is listed in 19th place.
No number was given to Castle Camps in a 1919 list. They sat below 18th the last in the list. They were later the 7th Cambridge District in 1920 but this number was in use for Harston in 1918 – 1919.
19th Cambridge District Horseheath 20th Jan 1921 IHQ 7910
Headquarters ‘The Rectory but the troop was ‘Open’
- SM Rev Basil Evan Jones Rectory Horseheath (left living under (a) ‘circumstance’)
- ASM Miss M G L Purkis Barham Hall, Linton
- SM Rev F W Crooper Rectory Horseheath
- ASM C ? J Cropper Rectory Horseheath
1921 2 leaders and 11 scouts and in 1922 1 leader and 14 scouts.
Listed in 1924 and 1926 in the local Gazette meeting at the Rectory under F W Cropper with a Green scarf.
Final reference to this troop is in 1926.