Cambridge District Scout Archive
In 1910 St Matthew’s hosted a Scout Troop labelled 14th Cambridge. Th Church was in a densely occupied part of town and if not quite new (built 1864) not perhaps yet staid.
An incomplete set of Parish Magazines start in 1912 and the early reports are lost. A talk to Boy Scouts was included in the national pages placed between the local news, but this did not indicate a local troop.
In November 1913 a Youth Club opened listing active sports (pillow fighting) and board games. By this date the title 14th Cambridge had passed to St Columba’s Troop.
In 1917 a new troop started named 23rd Cambridge.