Cambridge District Scout Archive
Listed as closed in 1978 County AGM.
Meeting 1950’s Godwin Way Primary School
IN the Parish Magazines of 1936 it is recorded that the Troop reached its 25th anniversary on January 27th, giving a starting date of 1911. Fr. Scott was named as the original founder. Nothing is recorded in the magazine for the years up to 1918, although this is not significant. Many Parish magazines did not record details of ‘their’ troop monthly, some only when significant events occurred, and some not at all.
In 1951 They recorded 18 Cubs, 15 Scouts in three patrols and a Guide Company of 18. They were recorded as collecting for the Mortlake Disaster in 1951. Incomplete records.
JWR Archivist Mar 2019